Effective Date: August 27, 2018
A360 Media, LLC (collectively, “we”, “us” or “our”) own and operate websites, mobile applications, and other digital, interactive services (collectively, the “Services”). This policy explains our information practices in the United States with respect to personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)) collected on the Services directed to children under the age of 13 or from children who we have actual knowledge are under the age of 13 (“child” or “children”). For more information about COPPA, see https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy.
Collection and Use of Personal Information from Children
Our Services directed to children may collect the following information from children for the purposes described:
- Persistent Identifiers: Our Services may automatically collect persistent identifiers for internal operations, including to provide and improve the Services, conduct analytics, authenticate users, personalize content, maintain the security and integrity of the Services, and to ensure legal or regulatory compliance. Specifically, we may collect Internet protocol or IP address, pages and content visited, the type and version of operating system or web browser or device ID. We, or our third party service providers, may collect this information using HTTP cookies, flash cookies, HTML5 and Flash local storage, web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts, and ETags/cache browsers. For information regarding third-party operators who collect persistent identifiers on our Services directed to children, please contact us at (212) 545-4800 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not collect more information than is reasonably necessary to deliver the Services. If a Service seeks to collect personal information from a child that is not subject to an exception under COPPA, we will first ask for a parent or guardian’s consent to that collection as required by law.
How We Share Information
We may share or disclose the information we collect:
- With our service providers in order for them to perform services on our behalf;
• As permitted or required by law, including in response to a court order or a subpoena;
• To protect the safety of a child, to prevent a crime, or to facilitate a public safety investigation;
• To take precautions against liability; or
• To protect the security or integrity of the Services.
Our Services do not allow children to make personal information publicly available.
Parents or guardians may contact us at (212) 545-4800 to review information provided by his or her child, have such information deleted, and/or refuse to allow further collection or use of such information. You may send mail inquiries to American Media, Inc., 4 New York Plaza, New York, New York 10004 Attention: General Counsel, or otherwise email email@example.com. To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify a parent’s identity before granting access to any personal information.